Election season is beginning to kick into high gear. And I know I know, we’re all receiving emails, Facebook messages, Instagram ads, phone calls, and even door knocks that can begin to feel maddening. But the truth is, we will be receiving our ballots in just about a month and there are some incredibly important decisions we’ll need to make.
Join us Saturday October 1st from 3:00pm to 5:00pm to help us win Measure 97. We will be collecting stories from other service providers like me to make sure that our voices are heard this election to support students and families across the state. This will also be an opportunity to connect with Family Forward, and learn more about how Measure 97 will support social services throughout the state. If you still have questions about the measure, no worries! There will be opportunities to meet with people from the Yes on Measure 97 campaign who can answer questions and help us all learn more.
RSVP HERE. Light refreshments, indoor and outdoor options, and good people. And of course kids are welcome. See details below.
What a lovely way to spend the morning! So much authentic, fresh, and dynamic thinking. We may be small, but we’re grooving and have a solid plan for building our group and supporting the best campaign to support education in Oregon in years.
Mark your calendars! Next meeting will be September 24th at 9am at Sarah Brown’s house. (Thanks for hosting Sarah!!)
Here’s a link to the notes/agenda of the meeting.
Here’s the link to the google folder with our draft A Better Oregon videos. So awesome!
Here’s a recap of what we concluded today:
- Sarah and Jessie will work on a rap that supports our conversations about Measure 97 with friends, colleagues, and family. Here’s a link to the rap outline discussed during our meeting. Maybe this can be a fun infographic/pictochart?
- Matt will reach out to the good folks at A Better Oregon and begin planning a CEC Party for A Better Oregon. We’re planning to host the party at a large yard or park on Saturday, October 1st from 3pm-5pm. The goals of this party are:
- Collect more stories for why we support Measure 97 from fellow educators, healthcare providers, and justice- and fairness-minded neighbors and friends.
- Provide an easy, fun, accessible opportunity to recruit new members into the CEC.
- Have fun with fellow CEC members and friends!
Jessie, Sarah, and Matt committed to collecting a video story from at least one colleague before our next check-in meeting. Refer to google docs or call each other for support!